Java software for designing and carrying out listening tests
Copyright (c) 2003-2004 Marc Schröder.
Get this software from the project page on sourceforge
This software allows scientists to carry out listening tests without
having to write code. Instead, all settings can be written into an
XML-based configuration file.
The following can be customised:
- The welcome text to be shown;
- the layout of the (one- or two-dimensional) rating scale;
- the labels at the edges of the rating scale;
- the stimuli to be shown or played;
- in the case of audio stimuli, whether they can be played repeatedly;
- whether to include a practice session before the actual test.
Examples are included, based on tests which
I have carried out in my research.
Screenshots for included examples
Eight audio files on scale: Suitability for text stimulus
Classical scale: Position one stimulus at a time
Comparison scale: Arrange several stimuli on a scale